- This event has passed.
Holster Fundamentals @Rio 08/28/2020
August 28, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm$100.00
PISTOL 2: Holster Fundamentals
Holster Fundamentals builds upon the skills found in the Precision Pistol course. This course focuses on precision and speed from the holster. This course will teach you exercises to help you become proficient with drawing your handgun quickly and accurately place rounds on target. Our goal is to get you down to 1.5 seconds before end of class.
Focus areas within this course include:
- Proper methods to draw from the holster with retention
- Accuracy with shooting the first shot from the holster
- Multi-round shots & follow through
- Appropriate sight picture at various target distances
- Shooting under timed stress and follow through assessment.
- Our goal is to get you below 1.5 sec from the holster.
Equipment and supplies required:
Class requires eye and ear protection and at least 300 rounds of ammunition for the handgun you will use
Semi-automatic pistol with three (3) magazines and spare magazine carrier or a revolver with three (3) speed loaders and carrier for speed loaders
A quality holster that has 2 points of contact and does not collapse. Must cover trigger guard, must not be loose. Must allow unassisted return. AIWB is ok