Holster Fundamentals @ Ben Avery 04/23/2023
April 23 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$125.00
Holster Fundamentals builds upon the skills found in the Precision Pistol course. This course focuses on precision and speed from the holster. This course will teach you exercises to help you become proficient with drawing your handgun quickly and accurately place rounds on target. Our goal is to get you down to 1.5 seconds or less before the end of class.
Focus areas within this course include:
- Proper methods to draw from a holster with retention
- Accuracy with shooting the first shot from the holster
- Learning our warm-up drill
- Multi-round shots & follow-through using cadence exercises
- Appropriate sight picture at various target distances
- Shooting under timed stress and follow-through assessment.
- Our goal is to get you below 1.5 sec or less from the holster.
Equipment and supplies required:
This class requires eye and ear protection and at least 300 rounds of ammunition for the handgun you will use
Semi-automatic pistol with three (3) magazines and spare magazine carrier or a revolver with three (3) speed loaders and carrier for speed loaders
A quality holster that has 2 points of contact and does not collapse. Must cover trigger guard, must not be loose. Must allow an unassisted return. AIWB is ok.