- This event has passed.
EDC Essentials @Ben Avery 09/20/2020
September 20, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$200.00
The EDC Essentials course builds upon the skills found in the Holster Fundamentals course and on your own personal experience. This course focuses on the more complex thinking on your feet required for defensive carry. This course will take you out of the comfort zone of what you think you know and present you will real life scenarios and judgmental shooting. This is an 7-8 hour class not including lunch.
Focus areas within this course include:
- Drawing from Concealment
- Accuracy with shooting the first shot from concealment
- Multi-round shots & follow through
- Reloads and malfunctions under timed induced stress
- Shooting under timed induced stress and follow through assessment
- Judgmental shooting
- One handed shooting techniques
- Executive protection techniques for your family.
Equipment and supplies required:
Class requires eye and ear protection and at least 500 rounds of ammunition for the handgun you will use.
Semi-automatic pistol with three (3) magazines and spare magazine carrier or a revolver with three (3) speed loaders and carrier for speed loaders.
A quality strong-side holster (open or concealed) that has 2 points of contact and does not collapse (no shoulder holsters, purse holsters permitted) AIWB is ok. This class incorporates concealment.